**This page is for ICN members from other greentech clusters around the globe.**
Welcome ICN members!
Who are we?
GreenCape is a non-profit organisation that supports and promotes the green economy – low carbon, resource efficient and socially inclusive – in the Western Cape, South Africa. We assist businesses and investors focusing on green technologies and services to remove barriers to their establishment and growth.
1. To increase investment and job creation in the green economy.
2. To position the City of Cape Town and Western Cape Province of South Africa as the green economic hub of Africa.
What sets us apart
Our helpful, responsive, sector experts provide:
- Market information and insight that is free, credible and impartial (access our market intelligence here)
- An advocacy platform to remove barriers to business opportunities
- Access to networks of key players in government, industry, finance and academia
Thinking of doing business in the Western Cape?
The province is a great place for green business, offering:
• An emerging national renewable energy and cleantech hub, with critical mass of leading companies present
• Local presence of major professional services firms and financiers
• A supportive government that has made ease of doing business and the green economy key priorities
• A range of investment incentives in proposed Atlantis Greentech Special Economic Zone
• 4 universities with comprehensive R&D capabilities and dedicated green economy skills programmes
It is also world-class investment destination, offering:
Prime locations, modern infrastructure, skilled workforce, low operational costs, natural resource abundance
and excellent quality of life.
Which are the major opportunity areas for businesses and investors?
• Robust South African & African demand for utility-scale wind and solar projects (±R200 bn since 2011, >1GW capacity procured per annum) • South Africa was Africa's largest renewables market in 2015 in terms of asset finance for utility-scale projects, and it saw the highest year-on-year growth globally.
• Rooftop solar PV • Component manufacturing
• Industrial • Commercial • Agricultural • Government • Residential
• Bioenergy • Secondary materials value chains
• Water reuse and recycling • Decentralised treatment • Energy and water • Precision irrigation
• Solar irrigation • Controlled enviroment agriculture • Precision agriculture tech • Sustainable agriculture
• Industrial scale solar thermal• Biogas for LPG replacement • Food value retention through improved cold chain management
GreenCape market intelligence
To access GreenCape's flagship Market Intelligence Reports, which offer insights on renewable energy, energy efficiency, water, agriculture and waste, click here.
Tapping into our South African networks
The GreenCape XB-G initiative is a cross-border business matchmaking facility for green firms and entrepreneurs. The XB-G team helps international inbound firms and entrepreneurs looking for South African partners in the green economy. The team assists with contacts, introductions and matches to South African businesses. They also offer matchmaking activities for trade offices, missions and other inbound interests. The XB-G service can be accessed via the ICN passport.
YES, I WANT A NEW STAMP IN MY ICN PASSPORT!
To use GreenCape's offices, attend their events, become a member or meet business contacts please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org