GreenCape Job Opportunity: Senior Water Analyst
May 12, 2022
water sector desk,
GreenCape is hiring!
The company is looking to recruit a Senior Water Analyst for our Water Programme.
Access the full job description here
The Senior Water Analyst role is predominantly about building and maintaining key relationships between actors across the value chain, growing our understanding of the space, identifying and unlocking barriers to investments and, most importantly, providing key industry players with valuable and objective market insights - all of which aligns itself with GreenCape’s mandate of unlocking investment opportunities and creating jobs. This will be achieved through meeting with various industry players, participating in industry events and a variety of government forums, and through contributing to relevant sector projects and research reference groups.
The Senior Water Analyst will gather and disseminate information required by investors to make informed investment decisions. The Senior Water Analyst needs to possess the analytical skills required to assess the market potential that these opportunities represent, and to prioritise time and effort towards high-potential opportunities.
The Senior Water Analyst falls within GreenCape’s Water and Sustainable Agriculture Programme and the Analyst will report directly to the Programme Lead. This role will focus on our work across South Africa, which will include the work in Mpumalanga and the capacitation of the Mpumalanga Green Cluster Agency, and therefore the successful candidate must be willing to travel locally.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Building relationships with key stakeholders- meeting with various industry players, participating in industry events and a variety of government forums.
- Contributing to relevant sector projects and research reference groups.
- Assess the market potential that opportunities represent, and to prioritise time and effort towards high-potential opportunities.
- Reporting requirements- weekly updates as well as quarterly reports detailing the progress made in developing and disseminating knowledge, details of industry events attended, research conducted and key insights emerging from this.
- Collect data and analyse market research for targeted dissemination; meticulous data management and development of relationships to access data resources.
- Market Intelligence Reports- promote water sector overview and opportunities to attract international investment and generate local jobs.
- Effective report writing.
- Quantitative and qualitative data collection and collation.
- Engagement with industry (networking).
- Understanding the water and sanitation market.
- Analysing and developing market opportunities.
- Understanding water and sanitation policy (and associated sectoral policies) in South Africa.
- Supporting water projects as a sector expert
- Supporting the team in increasing the resilience of the water sector in South Africa.
- Engaging stakeholders on appropriate interventions to improve water efficiency, resilience to climate shocks and sanitation opportunities.
- Promoting market opportunities through the development of viable business cases for investment in the water sector.
This is a full-time contract position, until 31 March 2023. This contract will be renewed to a longer duration subject to GreenCape’s standard contracting conditions. Contract renewal will depend on performance and the HR requirements of the organisation at the time. There will be a three-month probation period for this position.
Queries can be submitted via email to the Human Resources Manager via email@example.com. The deadline for submitting applications is 25 May 2022.
All applicants must complete the GreenCape online application form. You can complete the application form by accessing this link.
Applications must include:
- A letter of motivation.
- A detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- Copies of academic transcripts.
- Proof of eligibility to work in South Africa (copy of SA ID or work permit).
Candidates who are shortlisted will be required to take part in interviews from 31 May 2022. Candidates who have not heard from GreenCape by 30 June 2022 should consider their application unsuccessful.
Access the full job description here
Please note, GreenCape reserves the right not to appoint this position. Furthermore, it also reserves the right to change the role in response to applicant abilities and interests. Preference will be given to designated groups and people with disabilities. All appointments will be done in accordance with our Employment Equity plan.