GreenCape is recruiting a Sustainable Agriculture Analyst
Nov 12, 2020
GreenCape is hiring a Sustainable Agriculture Analyst.
The sustainable agriculture programme’s goal is to increase job creation and investment into the green technology and services that support the agricultural sector. We achieve this through a number of different activities: we perform demand creation activities (such as supporting farmers to become more water efficient and energy resilient) and we provide support to the sustainable agriculture sector (such as collecting and disseminating market intelligence and supporting innovation and entrepreneurship).
GreenCape is looking to add to the dynamic sustainable agriculture team by recruiting a smart, motivated individual who is aspiring to a future in the agriculture sector.
The Sustainable Agriculture Analyst role is predominantly about building and maintaining key relationships across the value chain, growing our understanding of the space, identifying and unlocking barriers to investments and most importantly providing key industry players with valuable and objective market insights. All of which aligns itself with GreenCape’s mandate of unlocking investment opportunities and creating jobs.
The Sustainable Agriculture Analyst falls within GreenCape’s Water and Sustainable Agriculture Programme and the analyst will report directly to the Programme Lead. Most of this role will mainly support the work in Mpumalanga and therefore the successful candidate must be willing to travel locally.
Applications and queries can be submitted via email to the Water and Sustainable Agriculture Programme Manager at email@example.com.
The deadline for applications is close of business, Thursday, 26 November 2020. Interviews will be held remotely from 30 November onwards.
Applications must include:
- A well written letter of motivation indicating what motivates the candidate to apply for the role: What the candidate feels he/she brings to the role that would make him/her a preferred candidate;
- An indication of current salary and salary expectations;
- An indication of when the candidate would be available to commence work;
- Please also note how the candidate became aware of the job opportunity
- A detailed CV
- Copies of academic transcripts
- Proof of eligibility to work in South Africa (copy of SA ID or work permit)
- All applicants must complete the GreenCape online application form. You can complete the application form by accessing this link.
Only candidates who are shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. Candidates who have not heard from GreenCape by 1 December 2020 should consider their application unsuccessful. ‘
Note that GreenCape reserves the right to not appoint to positions or to change the role in response to applicant abilities and interests. Preference will be given to designated groups and people with disabilities. All appointments will be done in accordance with our Employment Equity Plan.
To access the full job description and job requirements, click here.